We Know San Diego ADU Permitting
San Diego ADU Permitting Information
As noted, the state laws applicable in the County of San Diego allow a residential home with a proposed or existing single-family dwelling (SFD) to have a maximum of one accessory dwelling unit or a junior accessory dwelling unit. Also, the County of San Diego Planning and Development Services urges all applicants to contact regional fire departments to ensure that the proposed structure complies with the necessary fire setbacks. In addition, applicants must fulfill the following regulations:
- You can build an ADU either attached or detached to an existing single-family dwelling on the same legal lot.
- Homeowners cannot connect any other room, workshop, or storage area to an ADU but a garage without an Administrative Permit authorization.
- You must provide floor area mathematical computations during the application process. It includes exterior dimensions taken from the outside wall.
- Homeowners can only build a detached ADU with a maximum height of up to 24 feet. However, there is an exception for multifamily complexes.
- Homeowners cannot sell the ADU separately unless you divide the lot to create separate dwelling lots. Also, you cannot rent the structure for less than 30 days.
The Benefits Of Building An ADU In San Diego
As noted, adding an accessory dwelling unit is the best thing that can ever happen to your home. So, besides adding property value, what other benefits will you likely experience after completion? They include:
Private Guest Accommodation
Reliable Rental Income
Ample Working Space
Frequently Asked Questions
What permits do you need to build an accessory dwelling unit?
Do you handle ADU design and permit processing?
Do I need a building permit for an ADU?
How much does it cost to obtain a permit for an ADU?
ADU Permitting In San Diego
Do you need additional information about zoning codes and o requirements for ADUs? You can find them on the San Diego Planning and Development Services website. Or you can contact us with your questions.
Getting an accessory dwelling unit or ADU permit shouldn’t stop you from owning one. It is a lucrative and convenient space that can serve as a guest area to your family dwellings.
Accessory dwelling units are becoming popular for adding value to residential lots. At Organic ADU, permitting ADUs is our specialty. We are experts in managing your ADU project. We can include all the features you desire without sacrificing time and cost.
Let us take the hassle out of San Diego ADU permitting. So you can enjoy your new addition sooner. Get in touch with us today!